2024 marketing calendar
Welcome to our traditional 2024 marketing calendar or 2024 marketing trends guide. In this article, we will present the key dates for the upcoming months to help you optimize your marketing strategy throughout the year.
Are you looking for a simple and effective tool to plan your marketing actions and campaigns, and do you want to know the must-attend events of 2024? You're in the right place!
Why use the 2024 marketing calendar in your business?
A marketing calendar is important for your business. It serves as a strategic compass throughout the year and allows you to calibrate and prepare your campaigns effectively. It's an essential tool that enables you to forecast and incorporate important events of the year, whether they are cultural, sports-related, religious, commercial, or social.
With this planning, you anticipate the needs and desires of your audience, thus creating relevant and engaging content.
Article Summary: 2024 Marketing Calendar
- January 2024 Marketing Calendar
- February 2024 Marketing Calendar
- March Marketing Calendar
- April Marketing Calendar
- May Marketing Calendar
- June Marketing Calendar
- July Marketing Calendar
- August Marketing Calendar
- September Marketing Calendar
- October Marketing Calendar
- November Marketing Calendar
- December Marketing Calendar
January marks the beginning of the year with New Year celebrations.
It's a time to celebrate, exchange gifts, and, most importantly, make New Year's resolutions. You can use this time of year to promote products or services related to health, well-being, sports, beauty, or education. The winter sales in many countries, such as France, also offer an opportunity to provide discounts or special offers.
- January 1st: New Year
- January 10th: Start of winter sales
- January 15th: International Day of Laughter
- January 21st: International Hug Day
- January 24th: International Women's Sports Day
- January 26th: World Customs Day
Notable events in January:
- January 9th-12th: CES Las Vegas: Technology Show
- January 10th-February 6th: Winter Sales
- January 22nd-25th: Haute Couture Spring/Summer Fashion Week
- January 24th: Community Manager Day
- January 20th-21st: Wedding Fair
February is the month of love with the famous Valentine's Day, the day of lovers.
February is an important month in this 2024 marketing calendar as it brings together many events. It's a time to highlight romantic products or services such as flowers, jewelry, perfumes, chocolates, travel, or massages. For some countries, February is also the month of winter vacations, ideal for targeting families and winter sports enthusiasts.
- February 2nd: World Wetlands Day
- February 4th: World Cancer Day
- February 14th: Valentine's Day
- February 20th: World Day of Social Justice
- February 22nd: World Thinking Day
Notable events in February:
- February 2nd-6th: Fashion Week in London
- February 7th-14th: Winter Vacation (varies by region)
- February 8th-16th: New York Fashion Week
- February 14th-17th: International Agriculture Show (Paris)
- February 28th-March 6th: Mobile World Congress (Barcelona)
This is the time to focus on spring-related promotions, gardening, spring fashion collections, and outdoor activities. Additionally, International Women's Day on March 8th offers opportunities for campaigns centered around women's products and services.
- March 8th: International Women's Day
- March 20th: International Day of Happiness
- March 21st: International Day of Forests
- March 22nd: World Water Day
- March 23rd: World Meteorological Day
Notable events in March:
- March 1st-6th: Fashion Week in Milan
- March 6th-15th: SXSW (South by Southwest) Festival (Austin, Texas)
- March 17th: Saint Patrick's Day
- March 18th-21st: ITB Berlin (International Tourism Trade Fair)
- March 25th-29th: Baselworld (Watch and Jewelry Show)
This is the perfect time for businesses to promote products and services related to spring cleaning, gardening, Easter celebrations, and outdoor activities. Easter, which typically falls in April, is an excellent opportunity for promotions, and Earth Day on April 22nd can be a focal point for eco-friendly and sustainable products.
- April 1st: April Fools' Day
- April 7th: World Health Day
- April 22nd: Earth Day
- April 23rd: World Book Day
- April 24th: International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace
Notable events in April:
- April 3rd-8th: Paris Fashion Week
- April 5th-9th: Hannover Messe (Industrial Technology Fair)
- April 14th-17th: Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
- April 21st-23rd: London Book Fair
- April 26th-29th: Baselworld (Watch and Jewelry Show)
May marks the arrival of warmer weather and outdoor activities.
This is the ideal time to focus on products and services related to Mother's Day, Memorial Day, and spring-into-summer transitions. Businesses can also consider promotions related to outdoor sports, barbecues, and leisure activities as people spend more time outdoors.
- May 1st: Labor Day (International Workers' Day)
- May 8th: Mother's Day
- May 9th: Europe Day
- May 15th: International Day of Families
- May 31st: World No Tobacco Day
Notable events in May:
- May 4th-8th: Frieze New York (Art Fair)
- May 11th-22nd: Cannes Film Festival
- May 17th-19th: Consensus (Blockchain Technology Event)
- May 23rd-26th: London Tech Week
- May 30th: Memorial Day (U.S.)
June brings the full arrival of summer.
This is the time to emphasize summer promotions, travel, outdoor adventures, and Father's Day gift ideas. Additionally, with the FIFA World Cup taking place this year, it presents a global marketing opportunity for businesses related to sports, entertainment, and more.
- June 5th: World Environment Day
- June 19th: Juneteenth (U.S.)
- June 21st: International Day of Yoga
- June 26th: International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
Notable events in June:
- June 8th-10th: E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo)
- June 16th-19th: Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival
- June 16th-19th: Art Basel (Basel, Switzerland)
- June 21st-22nd: Summer Solstice
- June 27th-July 22nd: FIFA World Cup (Bidders: Canada, Mexico, and the United States)
This is a prime time to capitalize on summer-themed marketing campaigns and to promote products and services that cater to outdoor activities, vacations, and summer celebrations. Independence Day in the United States is a significant event, and businesses can use it to offer special promotions.
- July 1st: Canada Day
- July 4th: Independence Day (U.S.)
- July 7th: World Chocolate Day
- July 18th: Nelson Mandela International Day
- July 28th: World Nature Conservation Day
Notable events in July:
- July 4th: Macy's 4th of July Fireworks (U.S.)
- July 10th-14th: San Diego Comic-Con
- July 13th: Palio di Siena (Horse Race, Italy)
- July 14th-17th: The Open Championship (Golf, United Kingdom)
- July 21st-24th: Comic-Con International: San Diego
August continues the summer season. It's a time when families are planning vacations, students are preparing for the new school year, and outdoor activities remain popular. Back-to-school sales are a major focus, as well as promotions related to the last days of summer.
- August 3rd: International Beer Day
- August 12th: International Youth Day
- August 15th: Assumption of Mary
- August 26th: Women's Equality Day (U.S.)
- August 31st: International Overdose Awareness Day
Notable events in August:
- August 10th-14th: Sturgis Motorcycle Rally (U.S.)
- August 19th-21st: V Festival (Music Festival, United Kingdom)
- August 27th: Notting Hill Carnival (London, United Kingdom)
September marks the transition from summer to fall in the 2024 marketing calendar. As the weather cools down in many regions, people shift their focus to back-to-school activities, fall fashion, and early preparations for the holiday season. Businesses can target these trends in their marketing campaigns.
- September 2nd: Labor Day (U.S. and Canada)
- September 8th: International Literacy Day
- September 12th: Grandparents' Day
- September 21st: International Day of Peace
- September 23rd: September Equinox (Start of Fall)
Notable events in September:
- September 2nd: U.S. Open Tennis Championships
- September 9th-18th: Oktoberfest (Munich, Germany)
- September 19th-25th: Milan Fashion Week
- September 27th-30th: Paris Fashion Week
October is synonymous with the arrival of fall in the 2024 marketing calendar. Halloween is a significant event during this month, offering opportunities for creative marketing campaigns and promotions. Businesses can also gear up for the holiday season ahead.
- October 1st: International Coffee Day
- October 3rd: German Unity Day
- October 9th: Thanksgiving (Canada)
- October 14th: World Standards Day
- October 31st: Halloween
Notable events in October:
- October 4th-7th: London Fashion Week
- October 6th-9th: New York Comic Con
- October 13th-16th: Austin City Limits Music Festival
- October 20th-24th: Paris Games Week
- October 27th-30th: Sao Paulo International Film Festival
November ushers in the holiday season, making it a crucial time in the 2024 marketing calendar. It's an excellent opportunity for businesses to promote their products and services as consumers start preparing for Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday.
- November 1st: All Saints' Day
- November 11th: Veterans Day (U.S.)
- November 24th: Thanksgiving Day (U.S.)
- November 25th: Black Friday
- November 28th: Cyber Monday
Notable events in November:
- November 2nd: Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos)
- November 5th: Guy Fawkes Night
- November 6th-13th: Miami Art Week
- November 18th-20th: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (Formula 1)
- November 24th - January 1st: Christmas Markets in Europe
December is synonymous with holiday festivities in the 2024 marketing calendar. It's a time when people are in a festive mood, making it ideal for businesses to run holiday-themed campaigns and offer special promotions.
- December 1st: World AIDS Day
- December 4th: Hanukkah Begins
- December 21st: Winter Solstice (Start of Winter)
- December 24th: Christmas Eve
- December 25th: Christmas Day
Notable events in December:
- December 6th: St. Nicholas Day
- December 25th - January 1st: Kwanzaa
- December 26th: Boxing Day (Canada, UK, Australia)
- December 31st: New Year's Eve