The advertising market has anchored its recovery with €11.316 billion in net advertising revenues, i.e. +8.1% vs. 2021. Focus on a few advertising channels:
- TV: €2.4 billion in net advertising revenue
- The radio: €386 million in net revenue in 2022
- The press: €985 million in net revenues
- Cinema is gradually increasing its total advertising revenue with €37 million.
- The DOOH system has seen a 45% increase in the number of campaigns certified by the ACPM
- The share of digital advertising is also growing and now stands at €6.275 billion.
This growth has not yet come to an end, as Magna forecasts a 4.6% increase in the market in 2023! In other words, our top 2022 ads are likely to grow! In the meantime, here are our favourite ads of 2022.
Summary of the most important advertisements of the year 2022 :
- An interactive billboard like no other
- The SNCF highlights the moments spent on its trains
- Reporter Sans Frontière creates a spot with shocking images "Against propaganda there are facts".
- KFC and its #kissthechiken challenge for the World Cup
- Pathé reminds us of the quality of big screens for "big films
- Nature et Découvertes "Adventure"!
- M6 and its parody campaign to celebrate the success of the series Scènes de Ménages
- Greenpeace and its animation against deforestation
- Self-mockery, a successful gamble for Citroën with its Ami car
- SHISEIDO has created a manga to promote its new products
- OuiGo's event campaign tinged with humour
- KFC: "Crispy since 1952
- Spotify and its campaign about French teachers who listen to rap music
- The Geste Propre association has launched an engaging poster campaign
- Deezer and its "the power of music" campaign
- Jonathan Cohen has been featured in Canal+ Bonus ads
- Burger King and its humorous recruitment campaign
- At Intermarché, 1€ ... It's sacred!
- Chronodrive's segmented TV ad
- Burger King uses humour again to make the French smile
- An Optic 2000 campaign to the rhythm of Eye of the Tiger
- For an ecological awakening and its campaign in the Parisian subways
- New Knacki made with plants and vegetables.
- The ING X Boursorama Bank collaboration campaign
- The campaign dedicated to what we do for love by Le Sidaction and Marina Foïs
- Burger King and its campaign winking at the increase in the price of petrol
- The humorous poster campaign by La Vie
- Belambra Club's multi-channel campaign
- Intermarché and its campaign around a romance
- Point B and its spectacular billboard in St-Ouen
Bonus some foreign ads:
- Listerine releases a game in the metaverse : « Breathcalypse »
- Pepsi and its original billboard to affirm the freshness of its drink
- A 3D billboard for a pokemon Go ad
1. An interactive billboard like no other
In December, V and B installed a billboard in Bordeaux that was a bit unusual, encouraging people to share and celebrate the holidays together. Bordeaux residents were able to observe an innovative billboard that transforms into a Christmas dinner table. The campaign continued on YouTube and social networks.
2.The SNCF highlights the moments spent in its trains
In December, the SNCF ran a poster campaign to illustrate the small and big moments that take place on board Intercités trains. This campaign also took place on social networks.
3. Reporter Sans Frontière create a spot with shocking images "Against propaganda there are facts".
A device for an appeal for donations that makes an impression. Reporter Sans Frontière produced this spot to demonstrate in a few seconds the importance of journalism against propaganda and disinformation. The campaign was visible in November in VOL (online video advertising) on social networks and in display. To reach a wider audience, and to have a stronger impact, the spot was translated into 13 languages.
4. KFC and its #kissthechiken challenge for the World Cup
KFC has launched a campaign and a challenge for the 2022 World Cup: the brand has promised each celebration of the blue, a kiss on the rooster of the French jersey, a Colonel Original offered in KFC restaurant. A daring promise! This campaign took place in press at the beginning of November 2022, then in poster and DOOH mid-November and finally in TV, VOL and on TikTok at the end of November.
5. Pathé reminds us of the quality of big screens for "big movies
On the occasion of the release of the horror movie Halloween Ends, Pathé made a trailer tinged with lightness by presenting the movie polluted by all the notifications that a smartphone can receive. A good way for the company to remind us that the best way to watch a movie is on the big screen! The campaign was broadcast during the Halloween period (end of October) in Pathé theaters.
6. Nature et Découvertes "Adventure"!
The brand launched an invitation to adventure in its stores.The campaign ran in mid-October via 30-second video spots on Instagram, Facebook and Youtube. The objective of the campaign: to affirm the first value of the French brand: authenticity
7. M6 and its parody campaign to celebrate the success of the series Scènes de MénagesM6 poked its competition by making a parody advertising campaign to celebrate the success of its series. To do this, 6 visuals advertising that took the titles of competing series with each couple of Scènes de Ménages. This campaign was broadcast on January 3 on social networks and in daily newspapers, including the Figaro.
8. Greenpeace and its animation against deforestation
Greenpeace released on YouTube on October 26, a video to raise awareness of deforestation, illustrating the impact of factory farming on the environment. Here, we appreciated the lightness of an animation that carries a strong and important message.
9. Self-mockery, a successful gamble for Citroën with its Ami car
This year, Citroën relied on humor and self-mockery in its advertising campaign from April 1 to mid-May. Citroën turned the supposed weaknesses of the cars into strengths. The ads were visible on billboards, on event banners, in the press and on social networks. That's why this campaign deserves to enter our top of the best ads 2022.
10. SHISEIDO created a manga to promote its new products
The brand has exploited the codes of the manga universe and the references of the Gen Z by taking as muses 6 female influencers to present its products. An original and creative campaign broadcast on TikTok and Instagram on October 11.
11. OuiGo's humorous event campaign
The brand has infiltrated the webcams of ski resorts with a campaign that took place before the big ski season from January 16 to 23. The goal was to encourage future skiers to come to the slopes in Ouigo. Humorous panels were strategically placed under the different webcams with a humorous message from the web's "same".
12. KFC: "Crispy since 1952
KFC is again in this top 30 of the best ads 2022, this time with a return to 1952. This campaign broadcast on TV, VOL, billboards and social networks, was carried by Colonel Sanders who had propelled us in 1952 for 47 seconds. A good way to recall the origins of the brand and its iconic products. The campaign lasted 4 weeks in October.
13. Spotify's campaign about French teachers listening to rap music
Spotify ran an ad campaign from September 22 to October 9 on TV, celebrating both music and the strong bond it can create between generations.
14. The Geste Propre association has launched an engaging poster campaign
In 2022, IFOP conducted a study for Citeo and Gestes Propres about small everyday waste. Following this study, the associations launched a major communication campaign throughout France to raise awareness of the impact of this small waste on biodiversity.
4,765 posters were displayed all over France, as well as in displays.
15. Deezer and its "the power of music" campaign
Deezer went big this year by deploying a multi-media campaign on an international scale. The challenge was to attract young users to the music platform and to allow the brand to develop.
For this campaign, Deezer opted for 2m2 and 8m2 billboards and DOOH in France and Germany from August 22 until the end of the year. To complete these devices, such as advertising banners in Paris and Lyon, a digital campaign, as well as a TV spot (in Brazil) have been set up.
16. Jonathan Cohen is in the ads of Canal+ Bonus
On the occasion of the release of the new series "Flambeau" in May, Jonathan Cohen took place in the Canal+ commercials. A good way to give a taste of the derision of this hilarious series through the character played by Jonathan Cohen.
In March, the actor had also participated in the funny advertising campaign of Leboncoin.
Here's a clip:
17. Burger King and its humorous recruitment campaign
The fast food brand is always imaginative when it comes to self-mockery, this time it had fun with the negative comments of Internet users to launch an HR recruitment campaign on social networks.
18. At Intermarché, €1... is sacred!
Intermarché, known for "fighting against the expensive life" has realized this campaign to bring its support to the French who see the prices increasing. The campaign has put forward a range of 500 products at 1€.
19. Segmented TV advertising by Chronodrive
Chronodrive is a brand known for having one of the best French e-commerce sites. This year, the company wanted to build loyalty among a base of customers with recurring purchases and to win over new customers. We can mention this campaign for its success, since thanks to the choice of TV segmented in multi-regions, these 4 TV spots have reached 365 000 households.
20. Burger King again relies on humour to make the French smile
The brand has played this time on the caricature of the French character rather funny. A way to promote the brand while identifying with these burgers. 5 TV and cinema films were made as well as photo novels in the press in July 2022.
21. An Optic 2000 campaign to the rhythm of Eye of the Tiger
Optic 2000 has launched a campaign to highlight the role and service of opticians. In this way, the brand reminds the audience of its values.
This campaign was broadcast on several channels in June including TV, social networks, display and radio.
22. For an ecological awakening and its campaign in the Parisian metros
To give more visibility to the latest IPCC report, the collective For an ecological awakening has launched a large poster campaign in the Paris metro. This campaign was broadcast from May 16 to 23 in 108 metro stations.
23. Knackis made of plants and vegetables
Cette campagne créative a été diffusée sur les réseaux sociaux, mais aussi en DOOH et en presse magazine. Une manière originale de présenter les nouvelles Knacki végétales de la marque !
24. The ING X Boursorama collaboration campaign
An agreement between Boursorama Banque and ING was signed on April 4. In order to communicate on this agreement, Boursorama made a big communication campaign in the national press.
25. The campaign dedicated to what we do for love by Le Sidaction and Marina Foïs
This campaign could not escape this top 30 of the best ads of 2022. Indeed, on the occasion of the Sidaction weekend on March 25, 26 and 27, Le Sidaction and Marina Foïs paid tribute to all that we do for love through a touching advertising campaign. The "Par Amour" campaign was broadcast on TV from March 21 to April 4. A film was also shown in cinemas, on social networks and on OOH and DOOH posters throughout France and abroad.
26. Burger King and its campaign in response to the rise in petrol prices
The brand has communicated its support to motorists in an original way since it has decided to lower the price at the drive-through of its mythical burger The Whooper, by offering it under the symbolic bar of 2 €. For this occasion, Burger King carried out a campaign from 21 to 27 March with various media: the JDD, the regional press and the brand's social networks.
27. The humorous poster campaign of La Vie
To promote its products and more specifically its bacon, La Vie created a poster campaign with a humorous reference to Bitcoin. The campaign took place in 13 cities and their outskirts and generated 300 million contacts.
28. Belambra Club's multi-channel campaign
On January 7, Belambra Clubs launched a new advertising campaign called "The most belambra in the world" to promote the merits of its 50 French clubs. The campaign is based on several channels: TV, posters, radio and social networks.
29. Intermarché and its romance campaign
This romance imagined by Intermarché as part of its advertising campaign on June 12, highlights the quality of local products. The spot is always under the sign of authenticity to remind again the values of the brand.
30. Point B and its spectacular tarpaulin in St-Ouen
Last January, Point B challenged itself to put up a giant poster, to compete with the market leaders and climb to the top of the ranking in its turn. An impossible poster was missed in St-Ouen that will have made more than one look away!
Bonus: some foreign advertisements of
1. Listerine releases a game in the metaverse: "Breathcalypse
To promote its mouthwash products, the brand relied on a game with humor, the objective: defeat a bad breath apocalypse. A nice way to promote its products while being part of the innovation of modern times.
2. Pepsi and its original billboard to affirm the freshness of its drink
Pepsi, as always, competed with its number 1 competitor, Coca-Cola. But this time the brand has shown ingenuity in creating an advertising campaign that demonstrates the freshness of its blue drink. According to one of their studies, the blue surface of Pepsi drink absorbs less sunlight, therefore, it would be cooler than Coca-Cola.
Pepsi illustrated this fact with billboards in Santa Marta, Colombia, one of the hottest cities in the country.
3. 3D billboards for a Pokemon Go advertisement
This year in Tokyo, from August 8 to September 5, we could find this innovative and immersive 3D billboard developed by Microad Digital Signage and Yunika.
On the occasion of the international day of the cat, Pokemon Go realized an advertisement with represented in 3D its pokemons of feline type like Miaouss, or still Pikachu, jostling to admire the crowd below.